Wyatt: No Longer a Baby

We have been working on potty training lately and without much success. I think I missed a good potty training window when I was pregnant, I was just too huge and tired to deal with it. Now I'll say, "Don't you want to go to the bathroom in the toilet, like a big boy?" and he'll say, "no, I'm okay, I'll just wear a diaper." So I've been trying to lure him to use the toilet by getting him great underwear. He really likes them, wears them around for a while until he pees in them and asks for his diaper back. Sometimes he'll just go into the bathroom and go all by himself then ask for his candy reward but it's not consistent enough for me to leave his diaper off all the time.


Wyatt has found the joy of wearing a tie to church. One Sunday we couldn't find his tie so he ended up wearing one of Willie's bow ties. This was the day they took pictures of kids in the primary. I just love this picture. I later found his tie under the couch cushion so he's back to wearing a tie more his size.

Wyatt gave a scripture and prayer in Primary today. It was great, he brought up his bible and opened it and I whispered Matt 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. He said it perfectly followed by a great prayer. He did his prayer himself and just loved using the microphone.








9 Comments:

  1. Travis said...
    So freaking cute. Love the look.

    Don't worry about the diaper thing. I think our Calder was practically 4 before he fully divested himself of the diaper.
    Jewel Stratford said...
    What a big boy! We are so proud of him starting to move toward giving up the diaper routine. It won't take long now. We printed out the photo with the bow tie - and I'm going to frame it along side a photos of Lynn with his bow tie. So cute. Love, Oma Jewel
    sara said...
    i hate potty training. ugh.

    he is such a cutie! he looks like a mini-travis to me.
    Wendy said...
    Good luck with the potty raining, I am right there with you....self motivation is the key and unfortunately I can not give that to McKay. Love the bow tie and wide grin what a CUTIE!!!!
    Amy said...
    Wyatt looks so cute! Ella enjoyed seeing him and maybe this will motivate her toward the bathroom too. I love the bow tie.
    Steph said...
    That picture of Wyatt in the bowtie kills me. Ben and I must have laughed for five minutes solid.

    Good luck with the potty training. We finally resorted to telling Abe that when he peeps in his undies (even his diapers) it makes his blanket all gross so we have to take it away to wash it. Not a total lie, and it finally got things going.
    The Waites said...
    I love that kid! He is so cute and sweet. I love to see him and Mack play together. They get along so well. We are coming through next month. I'll let you know when. We can't wait to see you guys!
    Barney Family said...
    Oh the world of potty training, I do not envy you. Mckay took about 6 months. I think I started him way to early. He ended up doing it right around his third birthday!

    I love the hiking photos. I am amazed at the hiking abilities.

    Kellie
    virginia said...
    What a stud, I love him in that bow tie!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home