Painting Project

We painted our family room this weekend. I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. It really lightened up the room. We spend so much time in this room and I've always wanted to paint the bead board white. The color of the walls looks more yellow in these pictures but it's really more of a green/gold.




Aren't these boys so cute!


Here is a before picture of the room. This is right after we bought this house in '05. Look how much Wyatt looks like Hank.




Here is the room now. We redid the fireplace last year and we dream of new, taller windows and of course, the new color calls for a new quilt to hang on the wall above the couch.




This is a pile of Wyatt's hair after I cut it last week. I was cleaning it up and thought, I'm going to take a picture. It's so white and fluffy.



The bike trailer has been great. We took a ride to the library today to look for some new movies (and a few obligitory books). Wyatt loves getting kids movies from the library. He has had the movie cars for the past two weeks and loves it. We may have to get our own copy. He really wants me to make him a cars quilt. It's not really my taste but I'll make the best of it.





10 Comments:

  1. Jewel Stratford said...
    I LOVE the white/bright bead board. It makes the room so inviting and adds a new energy that I can feel even through the photos. Good work! Did the boys help???? They are such darlings. I can't wait to see you all. Remember, Wyatt, we have a date to Chuck-e-cheese!!! XOXOX
    Wendy said...
    the paint color is awesome!!! We are huge library fans too...I love that we don't have to pay to read and watch movies, and they feel like they are getting something new.
    Steph said...
    Love the colors - it looks so bright and happy! Abe is addicted to "Cars", too. Does Wyatt quote it yet? We get to hear a replay of that or "Toy Story" every night at dinner. As if I don't get to see/hear it enough as is.
    Amy said...
    The room looks great! The boys are so cute too. You guys have done a great job with your house.
    Travis said...
    The boys are SO cute---they look just like I did when I was their age.
    starr said...
    ok, love the paint job. it seems to me that your house is getting to be more a part of your guys with every repaint/remodel/re-do. i love the green on the walls. i am so excited for you to get the green and red trim on the outside too.
    Matt's Blog said...
    Wow...what a difference! Nice work!
    sara said...
    it looks fabulous! i hope to see it in real life sometime.

    can we buy your next baby from you? we'd love to have one that looks like trav. it seems you and willie are the only way that's going to happen.

    those boys are sooooo cute!!!
    thedoodlegirl said...
    What a fun post! Your paint job looks fabulous! Love that fireplace. Those boys are SO CUTE!!!!! I especially loved the picture of that beautiful blonde hair in a heap. It looks so soft! :)
    Rammells said...
    What a cute house! I was jealous before, but now that I've seen pics...we really are going to have to join you in you're fun neighborhood.
    Love the aprons too!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home