My mom came to visit for a week and it was so fun. She worked in the yard, cleaned the house, and watched the kids. Willie and I went to a movie. She bought Wyatt candy at the store (which almost never happens). I took her to Pilate's with me and showed her the gym (my home away from home). I took naps. We worked on projects in the evening while listening to the TV.

Wyatt and Hank just love their grandma. The day after she got here, I came down with a bad mastitis. It was the worst I've had in a while. I had fever and chills and vomiting. Her timing was perfect. I slept almost all day and recovered quickly.




Hank is an explorer. He's crawling all over and pulling himself up on everything, then bobbing up an down because he's so excited he can pull himself up. He's a grass eater right now, which is hard because if I turn my head for a second he shoves a fistful of grass in his mouth.


I just love my kids. They are the cutest creatures on earth.




There was plenty of jamming while my mom was here and it was fun to have her take some pictures since we are usually too busy playing to take any.




Our neighbor John, the front man of the 17th street band, is the program director of our community radio station. He's in the white shirt in this picture. He interviewed a band from Boston on the air, Sweet Wednesday http://www.sweetwednesday.com/, and invited them over to jam with us. Scott Homer, a BYU friend was also in town. Willie ended up playing mandolin with them at their local performance at the radio room.



So here's the new haircut. My mom helped motivate me to get my hair cut for a fresh look. I've been having the blahs. She suggested I return to a cut I had in 1996. So I brought back the shoulder length bob. The cut of 1996 was actually a grown out disgusting short, aline cut I got in London. Oh, it was bad. I don't dare post a picture of it.Then as it grew out in while we were in the republic of Georgia, our host Gkaka, tried his hand at hair cutting and took off the layered mess in the back, introducing me to the short bob.


These pictures don't do the cut justice. I had just woken up from a wonderful nap in one and the other is taken with Wyatt's toy camera.









5 Comments:

  1. Travis said...
    Love the pics. So fun. The haircut looks great. Wish I could play in a band. It would up my cool factor by about 10.
    sara said...
    Sally--the hair--I think I saw it in 1996, on the mission. :) It's an oldie, but a goodie. A fresh haircut can liven up any mood. Also--your band, your street,your garden, you live the life that I dream of.
    Jewel Stratford said...
    What a darling hair style. As my Mom used to say, a change is as good as a rest. It sounds like your Mom's visit was rejuvenating and great fun. So glad you could have her there to give you a lift. And, yes, your children are the dearest souls on the planet!
    Wendy said...
    Love the hair!!!!
    Amy said...
    You and your haircut look great. You guys look like you are having fun and your house and garden look really good. I need to come visit you!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home