So I made a new apron.  My sister-in-law, Starr, asked me to make her an apron.  I'm flattered because I think she has great taste.  We'll see if I can make something worthy of her kitchen.  I made a prototype for myself.  It's below.  I like that it doesn't go around the neck and that it's not fitted.  The last thing I want to do while cooking is suck in my gut.  So I was going more for the granny on the farm look instead of the small waisted 50's look.  


My mom gave me a dress form that I used to make this apron.  It's been fun to have around.  This dress form must be a size 4, without much in the bust.  So I put an old bra on her and stuffed it so I could get my apron to fit.  I put a shade shirt on her for modesty's sake.  

I think the pictures below speak for themselves.  I have two darling sons.  





5 Comments:

  1. Jewel Stratford said...
    I LOVE aprons. I feel like I do my best work when I'm wearing one and I'm always looking for a new pattern that won't mess up my hair and combines both form and function in an attractive way. I think you have found it! The boys are surely cute, aren't they?
    Amy said...
    Really cute. I love the apron. Maybe if you made one for me, I would start cooking more. And the boys are adorable. I'm excited to hang out with them in a few days. Vera's totally going to gnaw on Hank's face.
    thedoodlegirl said...
    I LOVE that apron!! Too cute!! The fabrics are just beautiful. I'm so glad that your mannequins are modest as well. I'd have to report you otherwise! And your boys are SO ADORABLE!!
    Hilma Bellessa said...
    I love the apron.
    Wendy said...
    The apron is awesome...and your boys darling!!!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home