New Quilt: Finally


It's been almost a year since I've completed a quilt. With an uncomfortable pregnancy and a newborn around, it was just too hard to put a lot of time into it. We'll I'm back.

After we painted our family room I went to work on a new quilt to hang on the wall. It was so fun making it. It went slower than I wanted, but my free time is pretty limited right now. In the evenings I always have a long list of things to do: clean up, work in the garden, quilt, watch The Daily Show with Willie, play music, etc. So I just worked a little on this at a time. I just love quilting. I have several unfinished quilts so hopefully I'll finish another soon.

I'll post some pictures of quilting details which is brave of me. I'm still pretty sloppy, but I feel like I've made good strides with this quilt. I'm encouraged that that I'm improving.

I have some throw pillows in mind to make for the couch beneath the quilt. I'm thinking some different colors and textures that reflect the greens on the side of the road on the way home from Moab. I get such a high from creating things. I love it.








9 Comments:

  1. Wendy said...
    It's beautiful...you are so amazing!!!
    starr said...
    I love it! You are such and artist!
    The Waites said...
    Another successful project delivered by Sally. I love the color scheme you chose. I hope I can get inspired soon to do something other than change diapers.
    Jewel Stratford said...
    The craftsmanship and needlework are superb and the colors are perfect - and I know a little bit about it because of all of some quilting project I have worked on. Creativity does elevate one's soul - to a fourth dimension above the other pedestrials on earth. It is something that will bring joy and contentment to you your entire life. Well done!
    Amy said...
    It's really beautiful! I'm glad you showed the details and as a novice, it looks perfect to me. I really like it. Great job!
    sara said...
    nice, sal. another awesome quilt!
    Steph said...
    That is gorgeous - few things more fulfilling than being able to say, "I did that."
    Jared said...
    Stunning. Do you do commissions?
    ginger said...
    I love this quilt.... so beautiful!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home