September was a party month at the DeFords.  Here are some pictures to give you a feel for the festivities.

This is my neighborhood birthday dinner.  My neighbor Jenny made delicious fajitas, I made a lemon cake, we had a pinata, and enjoyed hanging out.  Willie set up a projector and we watched a movie on the side of our garage and had a fire in the fall night.   

Wyatt was so excited for his birthday.  We had a cake on  his actual birthday and we had a birthday party the Saturday after. Wyatt's party was great.  He had been asking for some walkie-talkies for months and that's what he got.  
Hank got a cookie for his birthday and since my and Willie's anniversary is the same day, he got the short end of the stick this year.  He didn't seem to care and he actually didn't eat the whole cookie.  Wyatt had a baby food cake for his birthday so I've really loosened up by giving Hank a cookie, it was packed with oatmeal and oat bran and raisins to help boost the healthy factor.


For my birthday Willie bought me a stained glass grinder to complete my stained glass studio.  We had a great time painting the workshop and organizing all the tools.  This has turned out to be a wonderful place for me to escape to.  I see it including tools for jewelry making, fusing glass, glass beads and possibly ceramics in the future.  Willie is so supportive of my projects and creations.  I'm so lucky.

Here's Wyatt in the shop.
I have made several stained glass stars to start practicing my skills.  I have them hanging here in the kitchen. I'm signed up for a stained glass class that starts next week.  I'm so interested in glass right now.  I want to find a way to recycle glass.  I have some beautiful wine bottles from my neighbors in the shop.  I may make some vases or drinking glasses.


8 Comments:

  1. Hilma Bellessa said...
    You look like a Martha Stewart Diva with your out door dinner and gathering of friends. I love seeing the photos of you and the kids..like a visit. I hope you're having fun in DC. I'm looking forward to the DC blog.
    Sarah said...
    Wow! I just love your glass!!! I can't wait to see you all soon!
    Art Boy said...
    Sally, I'm always amazed at your creativity. And that you guys actually finish projects that you start, something we never do.
    I love the stars, and your aprons, too. We went to a quilting display this weekend and I thought of you and how you'd love it. One of these days I'll get around to it. We love you guys!
    love Julie
    Wendy said...
    The stars look super cool, you are so creative!!
    sara said...
    i'm glad to see you're practicing for your biggest project... our front door, featuring the stratford logo! based on the stars, it's going to be phenomenal.

    of course i have no clue how we will get it from your workshop to NY. we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
    Melissa and Chad said...
    Sally- I love your blog! I think you are so cute! It's so fun to follow new blogging friends!
    virginia said...
    Love Hank in that bday hat, too precious! Miss you!
    Jewel Stratford said...
    We are so impressed by your homemaking prowess. Good work and we are so glad that you are feeling like your old self again. Motherhood isn't for wimps! Love, Dad and Jewel

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home