Yesterday I was waiting for a prescription and I realized I was out of conditioner. I had a huge back-stock of hair product from my job at MOP and now it's almost gone and surely expired so I've been left wondering if I can spring for salon quality products or just get the cheap stuff. It's hard when you know the actual cost of goods compared to suggested retail price. Well, since I was at a pharmacy, you know what I chose. I did at least look for the section of diverted salon product and chose a tea-tree peppermint conditioner.

While I was waiting, I read the copy and the ingredients. After several years of writing hair product copy, researching ingredients and proofing bottle art, I can't help myself. I realized it had some artificial fragrance along with the essential oils, what could I expect for $5. So then I thought I should smell it and seriously consider if I could commit to it without being grossed out every time I washed my hair. I opened the lid and gave a little squeeze to get a good smell and it squirted right into my mouth, right then the pharmacist called my name. She laughed and asked how it tasted and offered me a tissue. Actually, it didn't taste as strong as it smelled so I decided to give it a try.


Here are some cute pictures from Willie's iphone.

















11 Comments:

  1. Rebecca said...
    thank you for the laugh. i had assumed i would be reading about Hank getting some conditioner to eat--but i had no idea you liked it sooo much;)
    Cynthia said...
    I too thought your post would be about one of your boys getting into your hair products. What a funny story--I would so do something like that! The first picture of Wyatt reminds me of a picture of you Grandma had in her bedroom on Stradella Rd. The hair and the facial expression made me think of it. Your boys are adorable.
    ginger said...
    This makes me glad I worked in the mortgage industry... I'd rather not know that much about what's going into my products! :-)

    Your boys are adorable, btw!
    Sherry Ficklin said...
    Ok, I still can't figure out how to follow your blog...a little help here?
    Wendy said...
    I generally sniff, but have never thought to taste, glad that worked out for you!!

    Your boys are so darling!!!
    Hilma Bellessa said...
    A happy way to start my week with a good story and pictures of my darling grandsons.
    Kate said...
    Too Funny Sally!!
    Cute kids, of course
    Kate said...
    Oh, I want to see some Twilight pictures.
    thedoodlegirl said...
    Your boys are extraordinarily darling!! Maybe the peppermint oil conditioner could also be used for breath freshener?
    Karynn said...
    YOU ate the conditioner! That was a surprising twist to the story! What product did you used to work for?
    Melynne said...
    love your candid stories. good thing it wasn't the blue old lady shampoo!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home