My love of photography reached a new high when I was able to photograph my friend (and neighbor) Jenny's birth last week. She went into labor three weeks early so it wasn't really on my mind, but when her husband Zac called at 3:30am saying they were going to the hospital, I was so excited.

The birth was beautiful and moving. I've never seen a live birth. You don't see much when you are the one actually giving birth. Jenny was amazing. I think I cried more than the baby when he was finally out and on Jenny's stomach. It was the natural, peaceful birth I've always wanted. I was honored to be a part of it.

















4 Comments:

  1. Cynthia said...
    You captured some beautiful moments, Sally. What a treasure for them to have these photos.
    moms said...
    wow. amazing. makes me wish i had my mom in the hospital with a camera! once you miss it, it is over
    Jen said...
    That is so awesome Sally! It makes me wish I had captured those moments with Emma and Linnea. You do great work!
    Hilma Bellessa said...
    You are so full of creativity and beauty. I love you.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home