Willie and I can't seem to decide on the flooring for our bathroom. The original plan was the 1 inch white hexagon tiles, but then we took up the linoleum floor and the oak is in such good condition. With a little sanding and sealing it would be so beautiful and seamless from the hallway and bedrooms. So now we are going back and forth and feeling like it's a choice between two good things. Of course there is the fear of having wood in a bathroom, but if it's sealed need we worry? Weigh in please. HEre are two inspiration bathrooms to help you visualize what it could look like.

It's hard to see the white hexagon floor in this picture. We have a pedestal sink and this glass kind of shelf and similar sconces. There will be white beadboard on the wall instead of tile.



7 Comments:

  1. Craig Hanson said...
    I'm a big fan of wood and I've had bathrooms that had wood floors and never had a problem.
    starr said...
    I think the bathroom will look great either way. Go with whatever will be easier!
    David said...
    The main reason I voted for the tile was that you could see the dirt and clean it easier. The wood looks nice but the tile would be a healthier alternative...that said I'm sure the wood would be okay.
    David said...
    That last comment was from Mom
    Bev said...
    Do or will the boys splash when taking a bath? (Never saw a boy who didn't) too much water on wood, no matter how well its sealed is not a good thing,so I say go with the hex tiles if you have them. I think the wood would look fabulous with your material choices, but I'm just not keen for wood in a main bath.
    sara said...
    IF you go with the white hexagon (love it) make sure you do a dark grey grout. It really makes the shape of the hexagons pop and looks nice, but doesnt' get dirty like white grout.

    Okay, I've said enough.

    xo
    kate said...
    (Har)wood.

    -Scott

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home