Oddly enough I have a few minutes to myself right now. Hank is asleep. Wyatt is playing at the neighbors and I am taking a little break from work (what I usually do during Hank's nap). I thought I'd post a few thoughts.

Thanksgiving: I love having family come to visit. The kids were in heaven with two sets of grandparents. We had great food, conversation and the annual day after thanksgiving hike. I even went to New Moon with my mom and Kathy and we had a great jam here at our house. What more could a woman want: family, food, happy kids, twilight, live music which includes a handsome fiddler husband? It was great.

Christmas: our tree is up, though not completely decorated. It is so fun having Wyatt and Hank excited about everything. They were so hyper when we put up the tree. Wyatt, despite my talk last year, believes in Santa. I don't mind, it's really cute. So far I haven't done any shopping or even really thought about it. For some reason I feel gloomy when it comes to Christmas shopping. Actually, I'm realizing I don't like shopping much at all, but especially Christmas shopping.

The Bathroom: It's done, except for a few minor details. Pictures will be up soon. It is beautiful. I thought I settled on a color of towels but it turns out I'm going to go back to my first instinct and then we'll do the bathroom shoot. Having a bathtub has been wonderful. I'm pleased with how it all turned out. I'm not sure when we'll be up for our next project. We are a bit depleted on savings and enthusiasm for home improvement. The roof should be next and I think we'll hire it out.

Fitness: AFter several months of wanting to close the deal on my weight loss/fitness goals but lacking the intensity, I signed up with a trainer at my gym. I figured having someone push me along and knowing I was paying for it might help me get what I want. So far I have been so sore that I feel injured. I mean, so sore, can't get out of my favorite chair without help sore. I figured I have to either go for it or get over it (as far as the 10lbs go). *note: I'm not actually fixated on lbs, but that's easiest way to talk about it. I don't care what I weigh as long as I am a bit leaner.

Photography: I'm still obsessed but having some ups and downs. I've had a few recent great classes. I get ahead of myself sometimes and forget that I need practice and be taught and practice some more. Willie reminds me to enjoy photography as a process and not always think I have to reach some kind of destination over night. I thought maybe I wanted to charge for taking pictures, but I'm not ready for that. I just want to have fun and create pictures that make me happy. My newest project is going to be about 17th St. I have a lot of ideas. I really like to look in people's windows in the neighborhood at dusk. The pictures above is our front room the other night.

Politics: Several months ago I declared that I was over politics. I didn't know if that was really going to happen. The good news is that it did. This just means that I don't want any of the negativity that goes along with it (no TV news, conversation with my conservative friends, etc) affecting my life. It's a pretty nasty game at times and I don't like to see people being mean to each other. It's been refreshing not really being into it. Cute Wyatt saw Sarah Palin's picture on the front page of our newspaper and said, "oh, mom, you and dad don't want to read her book". He was right, but I felt bad and told him that she was a nice lady and I was just mad at her because she was mean to Obama but I'm not mad anymore. Kids can pick up so much.

1 Comment:

  1. starr said...
    can't wait to see the neighborhood pics. your enthusiasm for projects inspires me.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home