Last week's run was 8 miles and wonderful. I was on top of the world again and had speed and energy.  We ran in Fruita around some great farms.  I saw all kind of live stock.  My knee started to ache by the end of the run but felt better by the end of the day.  After the previous run my knee hurt saturday and sunday. I read a bit about it and I think it might be runners knee from a combination of going too fast (I can't fall far behind if I want someone to talk to), hills, the fact that I have a natural turn out and my second toe is longer than my first.  It sounds like I might need to invest in some orthotics.




This morning was a 12 mile run and unfortunately, I had the blahs. I've had them all week.  I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something or not.  My heart rate has been high this week at the gym and I feel exhausted.  It was so beautiful this morning and we ran up against the monument.  It was also the first clear morning run in months.  I even saw some stars.  So not only was I dragging but the run had some long hills and I started off the run with a mild asthma attack.  I look it slow and enjoyed myself and only walked about the last half mile (up a steep hill).  For the second half I ran with a woman named Heidi and we had a great time getting to know each other.

One part of the run that was breathtaking was when we were running up a hill just as the sun was coming up and there was a light frost on the ground.  Everything was sparkling.  I didn't have time to try and catch it with my phone but it was so pretty.  Also, as I approached the water stop at the top of the hill at the half way mark, the group was steaming as the sun hit them. 

We have one 6 mile run next Saturday then race day.





1 Comment:

  1. Michelle said...
    sorry to hear about your knee. I have been lucky to not have too many issues with that but any issue that stops or slows down running especially for a race is so frustrating! You are so lucky to have so many beautiful places to run!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home