We had a great campout in Moab last weekend.   First off, big news, my dad let us borrow his mini Van for a while until we save up enough money to buy our own.  I called him to see if he had an extra car around that we could use (he has a lot of cars).  I was thinking we could come out and get something up and running.  He made all these repairs on his mini van and then drove it out to Green River to give it to us.  It was so nice.  He really loves this mini van so it means a lot that he would put it in our care.  The van turned out to be very handy on this camping trip because of the rain and a wind storm.  We moved the seats into our car and hung out in the back for shelter.  We have major plans for our mini van/ camping vehicle that include a solar battery for charging iphones, a side awning, and a blow up mattress for the back.

So on our way to Moab from Green River Willie and the boys took the mini van.  I was behind in our car and stopped to take a few pictures.  I knew the name of the campground and just assumed I'd find it easily.  Well, I assumed wrong.  After a long time I couldn't find the campsite and couldn't find Willie and the boys. We didn't have cell phone reception or 3G or anything. It was getting dark and starting to rain and I knew the kids were hungry. I was starting to get stressed out.  So I said a prayer and as soon as I was done, in my mind I saw a dirt road that I had not turned down yet.  It was unmarked and very long, but finally at the end I found our group. Unfortunately, Willie and the boys had not found it yet.  So I said another prayer and went back out to find them.  The words that came to my mind were, "Wait at the Onion Creek Sign".  I kept thinking, no I should drive down the canyon a bit or I should wait at the top of the dirt road.  Anyway, i decided I would in fact wait at the onion creek sign and that's where I found Willie and the boys.  I'm so thankful for answers to prayer.

This Moab trip was one of our best yet.  Hank and Wyatt are getting so good at camping.  We had rain on Friday night and Saturday morning but we slept well and stayed warm.  It warmed up by the afternoon and all four of us went on the same boat down the river.  Hank and Wyatt were great. It took about 3hrs and they just looked around and acted cute.  We had a great campfire Saturday night with music and glowsticks and smores.  I'm so glad we got to come.  If you want to see some more pictures I put some on my photography blog here.

6 Comments:

  1. Ann Harris said...
    Your pictures are evolving beyond belief!! What a gift and what a beautiful family.
    Christopher said...
    Glorious!
    David said...
    So nice of your dad to lend the mini van. It will be nice when you get your own. I was parked next to a lime green Westfalia VW and thought how much you would enjoy it.

    I liked your story about being lost. Those experiences are faith promoting..prayers are answered in small and big ways. My favorite photo on the blog is the tent under the stars. MOM
    Wendy said...
    Such a sweet story Sally. Thanks for sharing it. Your photos are beautiful!
    Jewel Stratford said...
    We're glad that your trip turned out so well and that you were able to find Willie & the boys. The weather was so changeable in Green River and we were worried about your camping out. Glad it all worked out. We think photography has added a wonderful dimension to your life. Love, Dad & Jewel
    Melynne said...
    what a great trip. i miss moab mnt biking so bad! your boys are getting so big! i love thinking of how my boys will soon be able to play with each other like that. such buddies.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home