Busy

I remember a few years ago (pre Hank and pre job) I felt kind of bored during the day. Let's just say I haven't been bored in years.  Usually life moves at an enjoyable quick pace but this last month or so has been so busy and with so many wonderful things, but I'm happy to be sitting in my favorite chair doing a blog post.  This is a sure sign that I'm not too busy.  So a quick recap about what's been going on.  Then I'm going to dig in and start going into some detail to get caught up.

1. Temple trip to Monticello, Utah.  Our temple is about 3 hours away.  So it really feels like a journey when we go.  Every year our stake has a temple day in which they offer childcare.  So this year we knew we needed to go.  I'm not one for 6 hours in the car in one day, but I knew it was the right thing to do.  We ended up having a great trip.  The kids were great. Wyatt was complaining a bit in the beginning and it was a good teaching moment for him and to remind myself that sometimes things are hard, but we will be blessed for doing the right thing.  The kids had a great time doing activities with the childcare and Willie and I had a good session.  We did a quick hike on our way back to Moab and ate at a restaurant, which for my kids, is the one of the most exciting things ever.



2.  Girls Camp: Separate post here.



3. A quick trip to Lake Arrowhead, Ca with my brother: will have it's own post



4. I headed up the Relay for Life silent auction.  A lot of work but I had great volunteers from church and we made over $1000.

On a side note, once I had a stake calling that caused my email address to get in the hands of a political conservative forwarder.  So I was getting multiple emails a day of the most crazy nature into my spam protected, ever sacred, email account.  Mostly I didn't open them but even the subject lines left me with a bad feelings. So I sent an email to this person, trying to be kind and gentle.  The man responded so kindly and took me off his list.  So we ended up volunteering be each other at the relay for life.  I recognized his name.  Well, after working all evening together and talking, I loved him, despite his political beliefs and his crazy emails. I loved him.  We had so much more in common than we disagreed on.  I just think that love can overcome so many things.  Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to be off his email list, but I'm also really happy to get to know him.

3 Comments:

  1. Hilma Bellessa said...
    Sally I love you and you make me so proud.
    Hilma Bellessa said...
    I love you Sally. I'm so proud of you.
    Jewel Stratford said...
    What a trooper. Leaving small children to help train young women is a difficult choice to make and demands great sacrifices. You are a "bridge builder"! Kudos-2-U

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home