Photography



I have ignored my blogs lately but tonight at a photography group, I had a quick conversation with Cristine Strickland and we made a vow to get back to our blogs.  It's really nice getting together with other photographers but that's a post for another time.

So incase you didn't notice, I'm obsessed with photography.  It been hard for me to know how to channel the obsession.  This trip to New York with Willie was clarifying for me.  Sometimes I'm confused because I think I need to have a thriving photography business to channel it, then I find I don't like doing that and think about going to school but can't afford that and Grand Junction doesn't have much to offer education wise.  So I haven't really been able to find a good place for photography in my life.  I want this energy to propel me somewhere worthwhile and not spin me in circles. Willie and I talked a lot about in New York, we went to exhibits and I shot a lot of pictures and there were a few things that were clear.  I love photography.  It thrills me to express myself through photography.  I want to learn all I can about it.  It's here to stay.

Not too long ago, I was looking through my photos to make a few prints for our house and I had hundreds of images of clients and very few of my family and my life experience.  My horrible drive failure a while back took with it some very meaningful pictures.  At that point, I knew I needed to take more pictures that moved me, told my life story, and captured beauty.

All this is to say, I'm setting up a website, studioCase is working on my branding and I will be open for business as a photographer but this is not where my creative energy is pushing me. I just want to be organized and prepared incase people want to hire me.   I want more education.  I want to read more books, and go to more exhibits and shoot things/people that excite me.  Also, I admit, I recently purchased a few wedding magazines to check out the photography.  I wonder if I'll be lead in that direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home