I fully realize that my obsession with the apple crisp I made last night might be because of the no sugar goggles I have been wearing for the last month or so, but I loved it so much.  Here is the recipe.



2 cups peeled, cored and thinly sliced apples, such as Granny Smiths
2 tbsp sucanat (granulated sugar cane juice)
1/4 cup apple juice
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp ground cinnamon
 pinch of nutmeg

oat topping ingredients:

1/2 cup walnuts or almonds, finely chopped
 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
 1/2 cup sucanat
 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
 2 tbsp softened unsalted butter

Preheat the oven to 350.  Coat an 8-inch square shallow baking dish
with cooking spray.  In a large bowl, toss together the apples, sugar,
apple juice, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well
combined.  Set aside.

Make the oatmeal topping:  In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted
with a paddle, gently combine the walnuts or almonds, oats, brown
sugar, flour, and butter at low speed.

Place the apple mixture in the dish.  Sprinkle the topping evenly over
the apples and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the apples are cooked
through, the juices are bubbling, and the topping is browned.  Serve,
hot, warm, or at room temperature.

2 Comments:

  1. Kate said...
    I have been craving this since we had it at a relief society thing a few months ago. So, I also made some on Sunday. YUMMY!
    thedoodlegirl said...
    That looks SO YUMMY! I must make some!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home