Gratitude

Sometimes I'm overcome with waves of gratitude.  It's usually for different things, and I'm not always sure what triggers it, but I love the feeling. It's so humbling.  Here are a few from the past couple of days.

1. I was putting on my makeup before church on sunday and I was so glad my sister has given me such nice makeup.  It's true I only wear it about once a week, but when I do I think of her and am glad.  She sent me a package of nice makeup right after Hank was born to help me feel pretty.  Then after I used that same mascara for about 3 years she bought me a fresh new mascara.  So thoughtful.

2.  I was looking in the basement for something today and I saw the box for my cinema display (big computer screen).  I couldn't help but feel so thankful for the generous outpouring from my brother Travis and his company to me as an employee.  With my year end bonus I was able to buy that cinema display and go to a Santa Fe Photographic workshop.  This is just so huge. I'll never forget it, ever.

3.  During church we were talking about mothers and I remembered when my mom came to help care for me when I was on bed rest pregnant with Wyatt and then right after he was born.  I can't explain what it felt like to be under-slept, sick from mastitis, terrified about my child and totally emotional and depressed.  I remember Willie and I celebrated our anniversary by coming home from the hospital in Denver to watch a movie and order in some food.  Leaving wyatt at the hospital was so hard and the fact that my mom was sitting right by him, getting updates from the doctor made it possible for me to even go home and have a few minutes of rest.

I can't post without a picture.  That's a crime.

2 Comments:

  1. Hilma Bellessa said...
    Hey Sally, I few tears shed while reading this. I remember those days so well and how thankful I was to be able to be there for you Wyatt and Willie. I remember those nights at the hospital and one especially when Wyatt's Dr. came by and I asked him about the test for meningitis. He said he thought it was in his office and he would go check. There was this slow motion moment when he walked towards me as I thought what he had to tell me would make all the difference...and the flood of relief when he told me it was normal. Gratitude is such a good feeling and it rushed over me when I read your blog.
    Alexandria Note said...
    I'm glad you liked the makeup. I'm grateful for you too.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home