Mother's Day



I'm in New York today for a thee day photo job that starts tomorrow. This morning I woke up at 4:30am to Hank asleep between Willie and me.  He insists on wearing footed fleece pajamas, even now that it's warming up.  I think he must have been hot since he had unzipped them down to his belly button.  He looked like he was wearing a little elvis jumpsuit.  His hair was freshly buzzed yesterday so I just laid next to him for a few minutes and felt his soft hair against my face while he slept.  I kissed Willie goodbye and snuck in and gave Wyatt a kiss and left to the airport.  I didn't want to leave.  I wish I was home right now.

Being a mother has changed me in ways I never thought possible.  I didn't know I would love my children like I do. I didn't even know it was possible.  Being a mother has helped me become more selfless, to put other people first.  It has helped me see the big picture and to understand that what I say and do around my children now can make a difference in their life.  Something so wonderful about motherhood is that my children love me back.

Once when I had been gone for a few days, I went to pick up Wyatt from school.  He saw me drive up and as soon as he saw me he lit up and started waving.  He was so happy to see me.  He held my hand has we walked back to the car and said over and over how happy he was that I was home.

I'm always a little baffled when people talk about how hard being a mother is.  I think I can remember hard times when I was struggling with depression and my kids were babies, but right now, it just seems like the happiest time in my life.  I have Willie who is an equal parent with me.  We love our children beyond belief.  They love us.  They ask to snuggle with us.  They squeal when we get home.  They tell us they love us.  They are so curious and excited about everything.  They laugh and play and dress up.  They want me to hold them when they are hurt.

Nothing has affected me like becoming a mother and nothing ever seems as important.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home