Family Pictures

When Yan said she was going to be driving back from Denver and could stop by our house for pictures, I wasn't sure.  It's not a secret that I have body image issues. I wish it wasn't so, but the idea of being photographed right after having a baby made me break out in a cold sweat.  I had to do it, though and I'm so glad I did.


I have admired Yan's work for a while. I love the dreamy, emotional quality of her images and I love the look of film.  Watching Yan work was great.  She was totally in control of the shoot without a pause between her ideas and direction.  She also had a crazy laugh she used to get us laughing and Hank mentioned that he'd like to know how to make that specific laugh.  I love the pictures.  I'll treasure them forever and my first order of business is to get some beautiful prints made.  Pictures like these shouldn't only be for screen viewing.  They need prints to do them justice.  

Here are a few that I really like.

















2 Comments:

  1. starr said...
    you guys are adorable. all of you.
    Kathy said...
    wonderful pictures and wonderful family!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home