We decided to stay a night on the Mesa last night and I'm so glad we did.  We had some friends stay at these cabins so I called and reserved one for last night.  It was so fun.  The cabins are rustic but not as rustic as we've stayed in before.  They had heat and electricity and hot water.  Compared to a tent, that's luxury.  With it getting colder, I love the idea of a heated place for the kids.  

We went up Sunday afternoon and spent time hanging out by the lake and making dinner.  This morning, Willie and the boys took a row boat out on the lake and explored all around.  Lula and I did some hiking and she did some napping.  

Last night I went down to the dock on the lake and enjoyed the stars.  The lake reminded me so much of Lake Arrowhead where I grew up. It is smaller, and totally unpopulated but the tree-lined horizon and the sound of the lapping water really brought me back.  When I was a kid, I'd love to sit on the docks with my friends and look at the stars.

It was really nice having a few days in such a peaceful place. I had fun taking pictures.  I used a film camera when we were exploring the lake, but here are a few pictures I took with my digital camera.






3 Comments:

  1. Bri Lamkin said...
    So good. I have been wanting to do this for weeks but Jordan wants to tent it. Maybe I can convince him now.
    Anonymous said...
    What fun outing..and memory for the kids! I loved sharing it with your great photos. Sure love you. MOM
    Syed Kazim Ali said...
    The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home