Weekend Roadtrip

We had a great road trip last weekend.  First we went to Stake temple day in Monticello, Utah.  The Stake provides childcare once a year and we haven't missed the blessed occasion in years.  We normally camp out but we decided that this would be a good time to go to Durango for me to take some pictures for my friend Chad's website.  Case is in the process of making him a new website for his construction business and working on his branding. I was able to see his new logo in action on one of his tractors.

From Monticello we went to Cortez and were hoping to have some time to spend in Mesa Verde but we were running too late and went straight to Durango.  Chad put us up in his posh condo.  I could not get over the beautiful scenery and how nice the condo was.  We went on walks, played cards, went swimming, stayed up late watching a Jackie Chan  movie with the boys, went out to eat and Willie and I stayed up late reading and talking.

I took pictures on Saturday and we had some crazy beautiful rain.  Sunday morning we went to Mesa Verde and it was everything I thought it would be. It was so cool. I can't wait to go back.  Then we drove home through the mountains and it was such a beautiful drive.  The kids were great in the car.  Lula fussed a little when we were at the ruins but in general she did great.  I can't believe what beautiful things we live close to.

Also, Durango, where have you been all my life? Sometimes Willie and I have the "where else could you see us living" conversation.  I could never really think of a place that's a good fit.  Durango is such a good fit, besides Willie not having a job there and how expenses houses are.  We looked through houses a little bit online and I was bummed about what was in our price range. It made me thankful for our current house. It may need a lot of work, but I love it. It suits us so well and was affordable.

We will be back to Durango, though, hopefully soon.  The landscape was a much improved version of my childhood landscape. It felt great.


Here is a picture recap of our journey.  Pictures don't do it justice, but I had to try.  Also, it's time to pay my dues by editing the pictures of Chad's houses I took. He builds beautiful, huge, artistic houses with great lighting, but they are still pictures of houses. Blah.
















1 Comment:

  1. Dad said...
    Jewel & I LOVE Mesa Verde and have been there several times. Hard to imagine their enchanting culture. Have photos of every hand-made pot at the park and the great Anasazi Heritage Center north of Cortex. Looks like Lula is a happy girl.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home